Migrate from HyperTrack v2 to v3
This guide is for our existing customers to transition from HyperTrack v2 to v3 APIs. If you are a new customer and integrating for the first time please head over to Getting Started. HyperTrack v3 makes it much easier to integrate the SDK and enable location tracking in your application. The SDK uses smartphone sensor data to infer trips and stops made by a user, and generates a timeline which can be viewed on the dashboard. Timeline view shows all the places user has been to, how long has he been there, the path he followed to get there and so on.
Accounts on v2 have been automatically migrated to v3. You can login (using your existing username/password) onto the v3 dashboard to see all your data. We strongly recommend you to upgrade SDK and/or backend to use v3 APIs directly, this ensures that you get all new features and improvements on continuous basis.
Things to know for v3 migration
- Test mode: Every account now comes with set of test keys (sk/pk) that are free to use for upto 20 users. We recommend you use these keys for all your internal testing.
- Drivers are renamed to Users. All your existing drivers are migrated as users to new APIs and their old ids (driver id) remain the same (called as user id now).
- SK and PK of your main account remain the same. SK and PK of test mode can be found here. Make sure your switch is towards the
Testside on upper right corner, near your account name.
- Tasks are renamed to Actions. Pricing is still 4 cents per action. We also have 2 other pricing plans that you might want to look at.
As the API and the use-cases evolved, some of the API entities were appropriately renamed. These changes have been implemented as a part of HyperTrack v3, and are detailed below.
The API base URL has been changed to
- Driver model has been renamed to User, and has property changes
- Task model has been renamed to Action, and has property changes
- Fleet model has been renamed to Groups
- Destination model has been renamed to Places
- Customer and Hub models have been removed
The webhook event types have been updated.
All the dashboard views are also available as widgets as well. For any view that you would like to use as a widget, just copy the URL, and add ‘widget’ and your secret key in the following pattern:
- Dashboard URL: https://dashboard.hypertrack.com/live;id=76824eff-db74-43e2-8f93-0477a0a9769d
- Widget URL: https://dashboard.hypertrack.com/widget/live;id=76824eff-db74-43e2-8f93-0477a0a9769d?key=sk1234abcd